Marriage is the voluntary union of a woman and a man to create a family, thus giving rise to rights and obligations of spouses. Marriage may be registered at wedding houses, any branch of the Public Service Development Agency and Public Service Hall. Marriage registration may be held in a festive atmosphere in Wedding Houses in Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Rustavi, Sighnaghi, Akhaltsikhe and Mtskheta. Upon citizens’ request, marriage registration may be held outside a building, in any place and at any time.
- Joint written application of persons intending to get married;
- Identity documents of persons intending to get married;
- In case of registration of marriage of a person aged 16 – 18, the birth certificate of a minor and a written consent of parents, consent of a guardian and document certifying his/her guardianship powers, or a court decision on the consent to marriage;
- In case of a person’s second marriage, a document certifying the termination of previous marriage;
- If an application is submitted by a representative of a person intending to get married, documents certifying power of representation and identity of representative.
Note: If a seeker of marriage registration is a foreign citizen, the Agency may accept a foreign citizen’s passport without Georgian translation if his/her personal data in the passport is transliterated in Latin alphabet. A document issued (certified) in a foreign country shall be submitted after being duly legalized or apostilled in accordance with a corresponding rule, and shall be enclosed with a duly notarized Georgian translation unless otherwise provided by an international treaty or agreement of Georgia. To register marriage in Georgia, a foreign citizen must submit a document evidencing the legal ground of his/her stay in Georgia.
Fees for marriage registration
Marriage registration at a branch of the Public Service Development Agency – Free
With special festive ceremony – 50 GEL
Marriage registration at a wedding house with special festive ceremony – 150 GEL on weekends
Marriage registration at a wedding house with special festive ceremony – 90 GEL on weekends
Marriage registration outside the building of branch of the Agency – 170 GEL
Students, who have been issued e-ID cards (residence cards) with the inscription “student”, are eligible to the 10 percent discount.
Tbilisi №1 Wedding House
- Business days: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Days off: Monday, Tuesday
- Work hours: 09:30–18:30
- Visiting hours of citizens: 09:30–17:00
- Fee of wedding registration with special festive service at wedding houses on weekends – 150 GEL; on any other day except for weekends – 90 GEL.
- Fee of wedding registration outside the building of branch of Public Service Development Agency – 170 GEL.